Supporting persons with Disabilities in Enhancing their Quality of LIfe
CAREER SPOTLIGHT:DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Employee Testimonial - Tanya
Employee Testimonial - Christopher
Opportunity Resources offers rewarding and life-enhancing career opportunities. The rewards come in the broad smiles, the high-fives, and the knowledge that you have made a difference in the life of a person who needs and values your help. As a member of ORI’s team, you might open the door to meaningful and productive work for a person who never dreamed they’d receive a regular paycheck. Or be the one who ensures that weekly activities are part of the schedule of an energetic young adult with a traumatic brain injury who craves the outdoors.
Most of us hope for that great job—the one that allows us to be able to look back and say we made a difference. Individuals who join the ORI staff team value the time they spend helping others and working in a supportive team environment at one of Missoula’s largest employers. Currently, ORI employs 350 staff.
"Choose a job that you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life"
ORI offers a fulfilling work experience to Direct Support Professionals (DSP) who assist ORI clients in gaining independence, empowerment, and self-esteem.
Direct Support Professionals personify ORI’s mission of supporting persons with disabilities in enhancing their quality of life.
DSPs provide supervision and directly support clients in a myriad of ways, including:
• maintaining a clean and safe environment;
• assisting in the self-administration of medications, observing and reporting all health and medical needs to supervisory personnel;
• assisting with personal care and activities, e.g., menu planning and grocery shopping;
• implementing training curricula and activities that promote personal and social adjustment, work performance, and community integration; and
• accompanying and transporting individuals to community events, outings, medical appointments, etc.
• high school diploma or equivalent
• no record of abuse or neglect
• valid Montana driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of private auto insurance
• have or obtain Medical Certification within 30 days of hire
Prior experience is preferred. Evenings, overnights, and weekend hours are available. $9.75 - $10.75/hr.
All positions are open until filled, unless specified. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.